This month’s theme post topic was all about parenting, independent play, and leash lengths — and whether or not people thought their ALI backgrounds affected how they’ve ultimately parented. There weren’t a lot of submissions, but the ones you’ll see below are quality over quantity. Enjoy!
Suggested Writing Prompts
- Does your ALI background make you feel like you need to spend more time being exclusively focused on your child?
- Are you more “hands off” as a parent than you thought you’d be? More of a “helicopter parent?” Are you happy with the type of parent you’ve turned out to be?
- Does your child do well with independent play? If so, did you have to consciously encourage this or did it just happen?
- If your child doesn’t do much independent play, do you simply focus more on group learning and activities?
- Does the length of your “leash” change depending upon if you’re at home or in public (e.g. at the park)?
Contributing PAIL Bloggers
- KeAnne of Family Building with a Twist writes about guilt, guilt & more guilt when it comes to parenting in her post, Hands-Off Mom or Helicopter Mom?
- Esperanza of Stumbling Gracefully says I give my daughter a very long leash, more because of who I am as a person than who I am as a parent in her post, Long Leash Parenting.
- Over at It’s Just a Box of Rain, she says I am exploring this issue recently, as I observe my daughter’s personality unfolding in public spaces and social situations – in her post, How long or short is my leash?
- Emma at Emma in Mommyland tells us she talks about how certain circumstances played a roll in how well my son deals with independence in her post, PAIL: How Long is Your Leash?
- Josey of My Cheap Version of Therapy talks about how her child’s personality and temperment thus far has been the driving factor in her parenting style, not her ALI journey in Parenting without a Leash..
- Ms. Future PharmD of Mom PharmD wrote Of leashes and liberties regarding her experiences with parenting her 5 year old and baby.
If you are still writing your post, or these posts inspire you, link up in the comments. Additional posts will be added through the next few days, so check back in to see if any new posts pop up, and feel free to leave some general comments on the topic below.